Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Early Mornings and my Chai Tea



I L-O-V-E my early mornings! For me, there is nothing like getting out of bed in the wee hours of the morning (usually between 3:45-5:30am), when the house is dark and quiet and everyone is sleeping. I like to make sure that I have made a "morning to do list" the night before. That way, when I wake up in the morning, in my warm, comfy bed, I can think about my list and get excited to get up and get some things done! The first thing I do is get my little Coco out of her kennel. The second thing I do is make my chai tea. I enjoy this while I spend some time in my Bible. Mmmmmm (recipe to follow). Some things that end up on my list are: clean a bathroom, pay bills, organize a cupboard, organize my "pile", check email, laundry, exercise, menu planning, etc...Sometimes on the weekend I'll just get up and curl up on the couch with a good book! Love those mornings:). So, most of the items on my list don't sound super exciting. However, they are things that need to get done, and once they are done, my mind is free for other things. If you are naturally a morning person, get up and get some things done! You will enjoy the rest of your day so much more!!!


Chai Tea Mix:

1 cup dry milk

1 cup powdered creamer

1 cup powdered creamer French vanilla

2 1/2 cups sugar

1 1/2 cups instant tea

2 tbsp ginger

2 tbsp cinnamon

1 tsp cloves

1 tsp cardamom

Blend in food processor. Stir 4 heaping tablespoons into a large mug of hot water. Enjoy!!!


XOXO Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment