Monday, October 31, 2011

Lots to say!!!

Howdy!!! I had an unexpected neck injury on Saturday, and it decided to really get bad on my Sewing Wednesday...how dare it! My kiddies made me stay in bed on Wednesday morning and play Apples to Apples with them. Can you see that sunset coming up??? Once or twice a year I really tweak my neck muscles. The pain is so completely annoying, and it lasts for about a week. This time it seemed to get worse as the days went on...so I headed in to the dr's office and got me some rx ibuprofin and some muscle relaxers...ah yes, that's just what the dr ordered. I was back in the saddle in no time!

I managed to get a few wristlets and key/coin bags cut out and started...through my pain. I think they're turning out cutesie! Can't wait to wrap them up!


Mmmmmm...I just love soup in the fall! Here is one of my favorites...


Creamy Wild Rice Soup...

1 cup cooked wild rice
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp grated onion
½ cup grated carrot
¼ cup flour
4 cups chicken broth
½ tsp salt
1 cup half and half
1 ½ cups turkey or ham or chicken, chopped/shredded
3 tbsp sliced almonds

Melt butter in large pot and sauté onion and carrots until tender. Blend in flour, gradually add broth. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in rice, salt, turkey and almonds. Simmer 5 minutes. Blend in half and half. Heat to serving temperature. Makes 6-7 cups. Can easily be doubled.


Happy Halloween!!! Not my favorite holiday...but, boy, do my kids love it! We have Lucy, as a Pirate Cutie, MJ as the grim reaper (though I wouldn't let him call it that so he said he was an "attacker"...I don't know which is worse!) and then there is Daisy...my little Elvis fan!

And, last but not least...here is my little helper...Coco. I am writing this post while handing out halloween candy...and Coco is going crazy b/c she keeps hearing the word "treat". She expects everyone to hand her a treat:). Isn't she precious???


Have a wonderful and safe Halloween!!!


XOXO Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment