Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Oops into Fabulous

So, I was making this fun gray denim hat with some wool tweed and green bias thrown in for fun. But, when I tried this on mid-production...not good! The denim was too stiff and the hat did funky things up top. Fortunately I hadn't completed the hat or I would have been even more crabby than I already was. I hate doing re-dos. But, I sucked it up and grabbed for the seam ripper. Then, I grabbed this beautiful black fabric, and voila! Looky how cute-sie!

Yes, I think I'm on to something here. All the other hats that I have made (OK, 2) were made out of the same fabric. The only reason I did the band in wool tweed was because I was out of gray denim. I love when restrictions turn into something fabulous. I don't know if I can do a hat with all three pieces the same again. This one is coming to the Fall Craft Show with me. Hoping to get a few more made! Adios!


XOXO Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment