Friday, December 23, 2011

The List...and a recipe!

Happy It's the Day Before Christmas Eve!!!

Do you have a TON to do? My goodness...I do!

My Sweetie is on vacation, so we decided to tackle a home remodel project. Well, we (OK, he) just finished and now I feel like I have no energy to clean and get ready for Christmas!

We are hosting a Christmas Eve brunch for my family...and then we are hosting Christmas Eve dinner for my Sweeties family. I am so excited to be home for the whole day and just cook and eat and have a wonderful time. However...in order for me to really enjoy myself...I need to get some things done today! Here is my list so far:

wrap presents

clean 3 bathrooms

dust (especially the piano area)

pick out the kids outfits (and my own)

--I was hoping to have the kids wear pj's to the brunch, but my parents want a good picture
with the grandkids and asked that they be dressed up.

pull chicken from the rotisserie for tonights dinner (poppyseed chicken)

laundry

prep chicken sausages

prep salad

clean kitchen (especially the stove!)

make the taco soup (for Christmas Eve dinner)

set the table

vacuum main level


I know there are things that I am forgetting....and I'm sure that list will grow as the day goes on...but I can't wait to start crossing things off!!!


Before I go...I think I'll share a family favorite recipe with you all!


Raspberry Chipotle Dip (I don't like that I can't add a photo in the middle of the blog...that I have to add all photos prior to typing...what if I decide last minute to add a recipe?)


1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 c. red onion, chopped
8 oz. cream cheese
Raspberry Chipotle Sauce

Combine beans, cilantro, onion in a small bowl.
Place brick of cream cheese on a platter.
Pour bean mixture on top of cream cheese.
Pour desired amount of raspberry chipotle sauce
on top of bean mixture (approx. 1/2 of bottle).
Microwave for 1-2 min. to soften cream cheese.
Enjoy w/ tortilla chips!!!


My aunt Shari made this years back and now I make it at least 6 times per year. I am making it 2 times just this week! And, when I host book club...the ladies expect it:).


Merry Christmas!!! I am SO looking forward to enjoying the season with family and good food. I am also looking forward to the Christmas Eve service at our church...which reminds us of the true meaning of Christmas...Thank you God for sending your son to the earth so that we can know more about you!!!


XOXO Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment