Thursday, January 5, 2012

Around Here...

Another gorgeous sunrise out my kitchen window. I could very easily turn into the "Sunrise Blogger" if I'm not careful. But, oh, what a gift! Warms my heart.

In my dimly lit, cozy kitchen, I tried a new recipe. Vanilla Lemon Pound Cake. Yes, sometimes we eat cake for breakfast! One of life's many joys. It was crazy yummy...though the recipe said to bake it for 50-55 minutes, so of course I set the timer for 50 minutes and then thought I would check on it...well, we were getting impatient, so I checked on it at 47 minutes and it was dark done! Not burnt, but a few shades darker than I would have liked to have gone. Maybe it's my black bundt pan. I wrote 40 minutes on the recipe...for next time. While we waited for the Pound Cake (I LOVE pound cakes...all dense and yummy) I made our protein strawberry smoothie. Mmmmm. 1 cup of greek yogurt (that's why I call it a protein smoothie), 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup pineapple juice (I buy Langer's Natural Pineapple Coconut juice), and 2 frozen bananas. Super easy...blend and enjoy! Makes me not feel so guilty for eating cake for breakfast.

The weather warmed to about 36 degrees and the kids were able to get out and make some snowmen! It's a little tricky to make snowmen when the temps don't make it above 14 degrees...the snow is a touch crunchy. So this was a gift!


I also got this little handbag completed and listed on Etsy as part of my Sewing Wednesday. Also on my Sewing Wednesday...I cut out about 15 of my Upcycled Pillowcase Skirts that I am going to be making for spring. I'm so excited about these! Now, I need to cut out the linings and get sewing!


I'm thinking in my next post I will share some of my old and new organization tips for the new year! They're working out great!


XOXO Tiffany


"Distraction is, always has been, and probably always will be, inherent in a woman's life". Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh

2 comments:

  1. I love the sunrise from your kitchen window.
    And you have snow there? Only what we have, here in the netherlands, is rain, rain and a lot of wind.
    I love the pictures.
    Xx Liefs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mell!!! There are more sunrise pictures to come:) I took another beauty this morning. I hope the wind and rain die down and you can enjoy some snow!!! Take care!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete