Monday, January 30, 2012

Beef Noodle Bake

Hi! Oh, this was one of those recipes that I ripped out of a magazine (years ago) and have always wanted to make. Finally, last week, I made it. Can I just say that 5/5 loved it?!? I forgot to take the photo as soon as it came out of the oven, so this poor photo is of the remaining back corner of the Beef Noodle Bake. I thought this recipe couldn't have been yummier and I plan to make it every month (or every other)! Here it is:


Beef Noodle Bake


5 cups uncooked egg noodles
1 lb ground beef
8 oz tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp garlic salt
2 tsp butter
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
4 green onions, chopped
½ cup minced fresh parsley
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese

Cook noodles. Brown beef in skillet over medium heat. When no longer pink, add in tomato sauce, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.

Drain noodles and toss with butter. Set aside. In a food processor, blend cottage cheese and sour cream until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add onions and parsley. Add noodles and toss to coat.
In a greased 9 x 13 pan, add 1/3 of the noodle mixture, followed by ½ of the meat mixture. Repeat this and top with the remaining noodles. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned.

Enjoy!!!


Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! We ordered Thai take-out on Friday night...which always makes me feel like a fancy schmancy city girl. Could 'a been...but, alas, I'm just a small town Minnesota girl. Then, on Saturday morning (I warmed in the oven) we had Costco's Cinnamon Rolls...oh my! Crazy good. Thank goodness for work-outs, b/c we kind of blew it this weekend! My high school sweetie played broomball after the cinnamon rolls and in the afternoon I met some old jr high/high school friends out at my favorite restaurant...Truffles and Tortes. (Bums! I was totally going to link their home page (I just learned how!) but their site must be down. I'll keep checking and maybe I'll link it up later). Sunday was filled with MJ's wrestling match (he took 2nd!), Daisy's sledding party at church, MJ attending a friends birthday party, and watching Daisy's two (back to back) soccer games in a freezing cold dome. Good times.


Today...

Homeschooling


The kids have piano lessons (I have to go to the library)


The girls have swim team


Hoping to share Tiffy's Top Ten tomorrow!


XOXO Tiffany


"There's no point in trying to dictate what Gale thinks. Which, if I'm honest, is one reason I trust him." Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment