Saturday, January 21, 2012

The BEST Chicken Enchiladas!

Yum! This is (one of) my absolute favorite dinners!!! 4 out of 5 of us gobble these right down. One of my children seems to have issues with melted cheese...seriously? I usually make two 8 x 8 pans of these. You could freeze one pan, but I usually just make it the next night so that we have fresh enchiladas...which are better than the re-heated enchiladas. Here's what to do!

Chicken Enchiladas

1 cup chopped onion
¼ cup butter
¼ cup flour
2 ½ cups hot water
1 tbsp instant chicken bouillon
8 oz sour cream
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 oz can chopped chiles, drained
1 tsp ground cumin
10 8 inch tortillas

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, hot water and bouillon. Cook and stir until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream. In medium bowl, combine 2 cups of the sauce mixture with chix, 1 cup cheese, chiles and cumin. Place chix mixture on each tortilla. Roll up, folding in sides. Arrange in greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Top with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake about 25 minutes.

Mouth is watering...
Today...the kids spent the evening at a friends house and won't be back until after 12pm today! I get to spend the morning getting the house and food ready for Rook Club tonight! Have you ever heard of that card game? So fun! I'm making New England Clam Chowder with some Garlic Cheddar Biscuits and my Mandarin Orange Salad...though I think I am going to substitute the oranges with craisens. My fabulous friend, Melinda, made the soup and biscuits at our last Book Club...oh my goodness, so good!
I'm off to do an ab work-out.
XOXO Tiffany
"...the secret to joy is to keep seeing God where we doubt He is" One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

No comments:

Post a Comment