Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Books I read in 2011

I love me some books! I read every morning (Bible, devotionals, inspirational books) and every evening (book club books, books that have been on my shelf forever, books that friends recommend, books from the library). During the day (especially on my Sewing Wednesday) I try to sneak in an audio book. The kids and I also listen to these during our school day. I also get to read while the kids do their sports. Here is the list of books read last year (the ones that I remembered....I'm going to keep track this year!):


To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls (2nd time through)

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (love!)

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (and movie!)

Can you Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kincella

Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo

Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicolas Sparks (2nd time through)

Bossy Pants by Tina Fey (laugh out loud funny!)

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay (and movie!)

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (wow!)

Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok

Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (favorite book of 2011)

A Novel Bookstore by Laurence Cosse (don't waste your time)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (want to see the movie!)

The Pact by Jodi Piccoult (not my favorite of hers)

Black by Ted Dekker

Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

When Children Love to Learn by Cooper

Total Mom's Makeover by Hannah Keeley

A Life of Style by Rebecca Moses (a goodwill find...loved it!)

Tale of Two Cities by Dickens (still couldn't finish this one...but I loved the movie!)

It's Raining Cupcakes (girls book club)


Several Audio Books:

Narnia by CS Lewis

Secret Garden

Princess Academy by Shannon Hale (girls book club)

The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall (girls book club...so good!)

The Magicians Elephant by Kate DiCamillo (girls book club)

Chasing Redbird by Sharon Creech (wow!...girls book club)

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson (girls book club)

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Lovey

Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath (girls)


Countless other books with the kids...


Books to read/finish in 2012:


Hinds Feet on High Places by Hurnard (a morning book)

Love and Respect by Eggerichs (Matt and I are working through this one)

One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp (another morning book)

Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindberg (2nd time through)

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

The Twilight Series (I want to get through it before the last movie!)

The Harry Potter Series (Daisy is loving this series and is collecting all the Lego sets)


There it is! I'll probably be updating it as I think of books that I read that did not make it on the list. Looking forward to another year of great reads!!!


XOXO Tiffany


"I mean to lead a simple life, to choose a simple shell I can carry easily-like a hermit crab. But I do not. The life I have chosen as wife and mother entrains a whole caravan of complications" Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindberg

No comments:

Post a Comment