Monday, January 23, 2012

Girls Book Club...Frozen Hot Chocolate!

My girls have a little book club...just like mine! It's them and 3 of their friends...they meet once a month at each others houses. Whoever hosts, picks the book and the menu. This month was Lucy's turn to host. She loves EB White, so she picked Trumpet of the Swan for her book. For the menu...we had to go simple b/c we were out all day before book club! So, we picked up Subway sandwiches and a couple of bags of chips. I cut up apples and oranges for a fruit salad. But, then for dessert...we made Frozen Hot Chocolates! When my girls and I went out to New York, we ate at one of my favorite restaurants "Serendipity". They serve these huge goblets of frozen hot chocolate. I got the recipe from my friend who was also there and who happened to be smart enough to buy their cookbook. We love these!

Serendipity’s Frozen Hot Chocolate
3 oz chocolate chips
2 tsp hot chocolate mix
1 ½ tbsp sugar
1 ½ cups milk
3 cups ice
Whipped cream
Chocolate shavings

Melt the chocolate chips (slowly) in the microwave. Add the hot chocolate mix and sugar, stirring constantly until blended and sugar is dissolved. Add ½ cup of the milk and stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.

In a blender, place the remaining cup of milk, the room temperature chocolate mixture, and the ice. Blend on high until smooth. Pour into glass and serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

My girls...Daisy (10, on left) and Lucy (9, on right). I wish I had gotten a picture of the table! Lucy set the table all cute-sy and she wanted to cut up the subs in quarters and place them on a cake pedestal. It was really cute!

Last week we had the most beautiful evening snow fall! It only lasted for about 2 hours, but we sure loved it. I wish it had gone on all night!

I have been working on re-modeling my family room...I'm almost there! I will show pictures shortly, but I think I may backtrack a bit and show some re-modeling that I did this fall. I'll post some pictures this week.


XOXO Tiffany


"Her lipgloss was iredescent plum. She was wearing an aubergine shirt dress with a smooth black fish-skin belt and glossy black knee high boots". Little Bee by Chris Cleave

No comments:

Post a Comment