Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sewing Wednesday...Ruffled Curtains

Ruffled Curtains...awhile back, I saw the cutest idea for ruffled curtains. I immediately knew that I wanted to make some for our family room. I am planning on having long white denim panels and then adding 7" deep ruffles up the bottom 1/3 or so of the drapes. I couldn't decide on a color pallette until yesterday morning, when it was time for me to dig in! I sorted through my fabric scraps and came up with this yellow/gold/brown color pallette. I am loving it! So...yesterday, I was able to sew for about 6 hours...I got the white panels lined and finished. Then I started the tedious process of pressing/cutting/connecting/measuring my ruffle pieces. I need two strips of each fabric to measure 110" x 7". For four of the fabrics, there was enough. However, for the other five fabrics, I'm going to need to get creative and do some more slicing and dicing. I'm thinking of adding a cream strip in the top half (3 1/2") of the ruffle and have the chosen fabric be the bottom half (3 1/2") of the ruffle. Sure, it would have been easier to just go out and purchase the correct amount of fabric...but I just LOVE using up what I have on hand. So, that is what I am going to do! I am really hoping to show my completed look by my next Sewing Wednesday!!!




Today I am:


attending an all day open house at a new homeschool coop!


(can't wait to check it out!)


taking the girls to swim team




Tomorrow I'm hoping to share photos of Lucy's room makeover!




XOXO Tiffany




"If I come along behind you and notice that you are finding the way especially difficult, and are suffering from slips and falls, it only makes Me think of what you will be like when you are with Me, leaping and skipping on the High Places" Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard

2 comments:

  1. nice post!!! love your blog SOO MUCH!!! hope u come visit mine and follow me ^^ i will def folback you too :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Thank you! I'll check yours out soon!

    ReplyDelete