Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chicken Taquitos

Mmmmmm. Chicken Taquitos. I love home-made chicken taquitos. I have the best recipes for Chicken Taquitos and Beef Taquitos. My chicken taquitos were fried...my beef taquitos were baked. I really loved them both, but then I thought...frying is unhealthy, messy, and stinky. Why not bake my chicken taquitos?!? So...here's my recipe:
Mmmmm...cheesy, onion, chicken goodness.

Chicken Taquitos
Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 cups shredded, cooked chicken (rotisserie works!)
Salt and pepper
1 ½ cups shredded cheese (white)
12 tortillas
Serve with: Salsa, sour cream and guacamole

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened. Add the chicken, salt and pepper. Heat through. Turn heat off and stir in cheese. Place a spoonful of the chicken mixture on each tortilla, roll up and place on a baking sheet. Repeat. Spray the tortilla roll-ups with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.

So, I totally wanted to show my new curtains today! I should have and could have had them done. My stopper was that I didn't get out on Tuesday to pick up my curtain rings/clips from Lowe's. If I could have gotten them at my Maple Grove Lowe's, no problem...I would have run out to grab them. But, they didn't have them. So, I purchased them on-line from the Blaine Lowe's...this baby is 30 miles away...this didn't excite me. So, my High School Sweetie was heading to a work meeting on Wednesday and I said, "any chance you could swing by the Blaine Lowe's and pick up my curtain rings/clips?". He said, "sure". Sweet! The problem was, he didn't get back home until 3pm...I was ready for the rings at 1pm...so I spent that time getting the ruffles prepped and working on a new skirt design that I have been wanting to try. Once I had those rings in my hot little hands, I put them on the rod, marked my curtain hems, completed those hems, and got one layer of ruffle on...then it was time to get dinner ready. Rats. And, after dinner, it was off to swim team and soccer. All that to say, I asked the kids if they would be OK starting school about an hour late today...I NEED to get those curtains done and hung so that I can focus. Photos will be posted tomorrow. Of course the kids were dissapointed about the late start (cough, cough).

I'm a little behind already this morning...gotta run!

XOXO Tiffany

"When I got home, I decided to make chicken enchiladas for dinner. It was a long process, and it would keep me busy. While I was simmering the onions and chilies, the phone rang". Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment