Friday, February 10, 2012

Coconut Oil

A couple of years ago, my mom got on a Coconut Oil kick...she was substituting it in her foods and yacking about all the benefits of this little miracle in a jar. I wasn't totally ready at the time for all the information...sometimes this stuff is all about timing. But, she gave me a jar, I made some GOOT (I'll share that recipe sometime) and then the jar just sat. Well, over the new year, I was looking up books on natural beauty products, and I ran across this one, The Coconut Oil Miracle by Bruce Fife. I ordered it from the library and read through it last night while I was at MJ's wrestling practice. This could get wordy, but I'll share a few of the things that resonated with me...


"When coconut oil is eaten, the body transforms its unique fatty acids into powerful anti microbial powerhouses capable of defeating some of the most notorious disease-causing micro organisms"

"The fatty acids in coconut are powerful antibiotics"

"The ideal lotion is one that not only softens the skin but also protects it against damage, promotes healing, and gives it a more youthful, healthy appearance. Pure coconut oil is the best natural skin lotion available"


So...I'm all in! There were recipes in the back that I can't wait to try...especially the Coconut Cookies. The author says that you should strive for 3 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil a day. You can cook with it, you can swallow a tablespoon of this (I may pretend I'm on Fear Factor and try this one), you can add it to hot drinks (ooh, I'll add it to my Chai tomorrow!), and you can use it as your daily lotion and much of that will be absorbed by your body too. I could go on and on about the benefits...I even got High School Sweetie on board and excited!

This is another book that I came across at the library (I may be purchasing both of these!)...Eco Beauty by Lauren Cox. Lots of fun recipes to try and some great gift ideas! The first recipe I'm going to try is the Very Vanilla Lip Gloss. And, it has coconut oil in it! I just need to track down some beeswax...

Today is another wonderfully free Friday! Just homeschooling with the kids, and then mama gets the night off...High School Sweetie is heading to a Dad/Kid Camp In at church. I'm hoping to not leave the house today...it is supposed to be brutally cold. I do need to get MJ some new shoes...maybe I'll shop on line.

Have a good one!

XOXO Tiffany

"One of the most amazing benefits of coconut oil is its ability to kill disease-causing viruses" The Coconut Oil Miracle by Bruce Fife

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting! I have never heard of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish I had known this two weeks ago when a horrible bug hit our,house... And took us all down one by one! I am buying some on amazon asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies...this stuff is really fabulous! I'll be posting more about Coconut Oil this Friday! Thanks for taking a peek!

    ReplyDelete