Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mmmmm...Almond Zucchini Bread

I've always loved zucchini bread...but if you throw in some almond flavoring, then it's almost like a dessert to me! Try this recipe...it's my favorite zucchini bread ever! I usually make these into muffins, but as a time saver, I made a bundt cake. See my little bag of zucchini? It was shredded up and frozen from my garden in the fall!
Here's how to make this yummy treat!
Almond Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
½ cup sugar
½ cup grape seed oil
½ cup milk
1 tsp almond extract
1 ½ cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 ½ cup finely shredded zucchini

Beat first 5 ingredients. Combine dry ingredients; add to the egg mixture. Stir in zucchini. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 17 minutes. Makes: 18…or make it in a loaf/bundt pan and bake for 50 minutes.
Enjoy!!!
This is my annoying "pile". Right there in the kitchen for all to see. In about 5 minutes, I am going to tackle that thing! I have a little extra time this morning since I don't have to exercise (I'll be running in the soccer dome tonight).

My sunrise should be coming up soon...my chai tea has been made, my vanilla candle is lit, my devotions are done...I'm off to accomplish something!

Today is:
my sewing Wednesday! (favorite day of the week!)
1/2 day of homeschooling for the kids
swim team for the girls
soccer clinic for Daisy
a 3 mile run on the track for me

I'll try to share some pics of what I accomplished on my Sewing Wednesday later this week!

XOXO Tiffany

"I look at my little sister and think how she has inherited the best qualities our familiy has to offer: my mother's healing hands, my father's level head, and my fight. There's something else there as well, something entirely her own. An ability to look into the confusing mess of life and see things for what they are." Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the idea of freezing zucchini!! I think I will be doing that now -- new project for the kids!! I am also going to try these muffins tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Lisa! I freeze my zucchini both shredded (for muffins or adding to soups) and chopped (for fajitas and sautéing). Enjoy the muffins:)

      Delete