Monday, February 6, 2012

Over the weekend...

Thank goodness for my Friday "home day"...because the rest of the weekend got a little carried away. Saturday morning brought on a "whole house cleaning day". Much needed and boy was that rewarding! Then, we met some friends out at the Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge for their WinterFest. It looked a little more like a FallFest, with our miserable lack of snow. But, never the less, we enjoyed ourselves with a scavenger hunt through the woods, getting a close up look at some amazing owls (barred and screech), making pine cone bird feeders to bring home, eating hot dogs, chips, pickles, and cake, roasting a marshmallow at the campfire, running through the woods for an hour and a half while the parents waited in line for the horse drawn wagon ride. What a beautiful winter day!
Then, it was off to meet my mother in law and sister in law at the bowling alley to celebrate my sister in laws 40th birthday! I hadn't bowled in YEARS...we had a blast!
The good news...I won! The bad news...I only scored 122. Lucy, my 9 year old, was only 11 points behind me. Then, we went back to my mother in laws for pizza, homemade angle food cake and homemade strawberry ice cream. Yummy!!!

We headed home early because the girls had an early morning swim meet on Sunday...they were up by 6:30am and at the meet for warm-ups by 7:10am. They each swam 3 events and then it was straight home to get ready for our small group from church who would be at our house at 11:30am. I kept it simple with pizzas, peppers/dip, grapes, and homemade chocolate chip cookies (which I made at 4:30am). I had just cleaned up from that and my high school sweetie was back from ice fishing!
We made a new recipe...Buffalo Chicken Dip...Yum! I got the recipe from The Girl Who Eats Everything's blog...click here for the original recipe. This is what we did:

Buffalo Chicken Dip

12.5 oz can of chicken (from Costco)
1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce
1/2 cup ranch dressing
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup shredded cheese

Heat the chicken and buffalo sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat, breaking up the chicken in small pieces. Add ranch and cream cheese. Heat through. Stir in cheese. Place in shallow serving dish and serve with tortilla chips. Mmmmm...have your water handy, but this is a good one!

Then, high school sweetie ate leftover pizza and cookies, we watched the Super Bowl and half-time show (which I really enjoyed...especially the fact that Madonna put on a family-friendly show!). We were all tired, so the kids and I headed upstairs to get ready for bed (4:30 comes a touch early), and my high school sweetie packed his bags again since he's off to Chicago this morning.

Today:
we're homeschooling
the kids have piano lessons from 2:30-4:00
the girls have swim team from 6:15-7:15

Happy Monday!

XOXO Tiffany

"For it is not merely the trivial which clutters our lives but the important as well". Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh

No comments:

Post a Comment