Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Overnight Waffles and Berry Syrup

This was our Valentine Breakfast...Overnight Waffles and Berry Syrup. I really love this waffle recipe...one, because it is just so easy (you don't have to seperate the eggs and beat the whites), and two, because I can do it the night before. It only takes me about 7 minutes to gather the ingredients and whisk it up in my large glass measuring pitcher. Then, my waffle batter is ready to go the next morning. I start the syrup when I turn on the waffle iron and it's ready to go by the time the first waffle is done. Here's the recipe:

Overnight Waffles
2 ¼ cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 ¼ tsp dry yeast
½ tsp salt
Whisk first 4 ingredients together in medium glass bowl.
1 ¾ cup milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup veg oil
Add next 3 ingredients to the dry mix. Whisk well. Cover loosely; refrigerate overnight. In the morning, stir batter. Pour about ¾ cup batter onto greased waffle baker. Close lid quickly; do not open until done. Eat…or, cool waffles completely. Place in freezer bags for up to 3 months. To reheat, just pop the frozen waffles in the toaster.

Berry Syrup
10 oz seedless raspberry jam
2 cups frozen berries

(I've used strawberries and triple berry mix)

In a medium saucepan, heat jam over medium heat, stirring occasionally until liquefied, about 3 minutes. Add strawberries. Simmer until softened, 5 minutes. With a potato masher, lightly mash strawberries, leaving some large pieces. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to one week.

Well, the gift that my High School Sweetie had gotten the kids would have been more than enough...but, I had already gotten them each a Beanie Boo (they are obsessed with these), some chocolates and $5 (I was going to do $10 each, but changed my mind after they got Daddy's gift). I don't like to give a lot of little junk...I'd rather give them money b/c they are always saving for something! Oh, and the cow Beanie Boo on the left is for Daisy...and the cow's name is "Daisy". :)
We were going to do a school day...but ended up making homemade Valentine's all day. I figured we at least accomplished Art and Handwriting.

Today is my Sewing Wednesday...my goal for today is to get my little Pillowcase Skirts photographed and listed on Etsy. Then, I would like to start the slipcovering process for two adorable Goodwill chairs. I have never slipcovered a chair...so this should be interesting. I would like that project finished by the end of February (2 Wednesdays left after today!) Then, I'll set some sewing goals for March.

Also, last night I started A Shoe Project...no, that's not a book or a movie...it's a little project in my home that I'll try to share soon!

XOXO Tiffany

"Nothing feeds the center so much like creative work, even humble kinds like cooking and sewing". A Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh

No comments:

Post a Comment