Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ruffled Curtains...Sewing Wednesday

My Ruffled Curtains are complete! The joy of finishing a project is tough to compete with...I had so much energy once the last panel was completed and hung...I was zipping through the house and tidying up all the little areas that I had neglected over the last couple of weeks. It's amazing how sometimes little projects can consume you. I kind of felt incomplete without the curtains finished, so then I didn't have the motivation for anything else.
This ended up being a 21 hour project. Lots of cutting, measuring, and stitching! Each row of ruffles has 4 lines of stitching across it (2 rows for the ruffling and 2 rows for the attaching). I am super happy with the results and the fabric in the ruffles makes me so happy because so many of them tell a story...
1. Lace...estate sale
2. Pale Yellow...Daisy's old sheets (she got them when she was 2)
3. Pale Yellow Flowers...gifted fabric from my friend Kelly
4. Mustard Gingham...gifted fabric from my Auntie Lynnie (still has the cross stitches that she was practicing at the time:)).
5. Animal Print...my Ralph Lauren sheets from college/post college
6. Mustard...garage sale
7. White with Gold Flowers...estate sale
8. Mustard with Cotton Branches...Joann's (leftover from skirts from last summer)
This project was a total "design as I go" type project...I had my vision for what I wanted the end result to look like...but getting there took some figuring out. I was just going to knot the little ties at the top, but I had made them long enough to tie them into a bow. I had originally thought I would let them hang down a little lower (below the rod...make sense?), but I didn't want the curtains touching the floor...with wood floors, the dust bunnies can get out of control. I mean, not in my house, but I've heard about these things.

I am very pleased with the end result...It adds some texture, volume and color to the room. We bought a white slip covered couch (which I love!) from a friend of mine, so this room was in need of some color! Now I need to make some fun pillows...I also need a mirror for above my fireplace...and some fun things for a blank wall...

Today:
the girls have a writing class
we're going to our coop
I'm taking MJ to wrestling (b/c high school sweetie will be at broomball)

XOXO Tiffany

"So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own" Matthew 6:34 in the devotional from Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard

No comments:

Post a Comment