Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sewing Wednesday...Slipcover Project

Good Morning!!! I couldn't have asked for a better start to my Sewing Wednesday...massive amounts of snow on the ground, and it's still coming! It is an absolute Winter Wonderland outside, and I don't have to leave the house today. The kids will be kept busy for hours upon hours out in this white, fluffy stuff. I'm so glad I have a window in my Sewing Room.


So, in December I bought these two little beauties (see below) at Goodwill for $9 each. I can just imagine the little grandma that owned these. I'm wondering if she had them covered in clear plastic vinyl...ha!...they are in mint condition! This purchase was after we had sold our massive black leather sectional and I was wanting to do our family room on a budget. I was planning on spray painting them white and re-upholstering them. Now, I have one of the chairs in my family room, and one of them in my bedroom. I have decided to do little slipcovers for them and leave the legs brown. I have never done a slipcover, but I have bought several old pieces of furniture over the years to try it on, but the furniture always ends up at Goodwill b/c I never find the time/motivation to actually do it. Today is my day. I'm planning on making a little white denim slipcover with a ruffle below the seating area. I guess time will tell! Yikes! Before I tackle that project, though, I have to do some surgery on a couple of stuffed animals, and finish a hem for my sister-in-law who made the cutest little dress for my niece!
I wonder how long this project will take me? I'll be logging my hours...I always like to see the total time spent.

I'm planning on Blogging 3 days a week now, instead of 5. Here's my plan for now:
Monday...In the Kitchen (a new recipe will be shared)
Wednesday...Sewing Wednesday
Friday...Random (organization, to do lists, ramblings etc...)

I hope you all have a wonderful, snowy, winter day!!!

XOXO Tiffany

"When I woke to the pearl gray morning, my mood was blissful". Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment