Wednesday, March 7, 2012

3 Yummy Books

A couple of weeks ago, I received these books in the mail from Amazon. I love getting that brown box! I rarely buy books...well, I buy a ton in the summer at garage sales, and I always have about 10 laying (lying?) around from the library. But, for me to buy a new book (I should specify "for myself"...b/c I buy the kids lots of books for school) it's kind of a big deal. Could these be any prettier? Oh, I love these books. Here's what I got:








I thought the doodling book would be fun to do with the kids! And, the sewing book, I had actually checked out from the library, and I was like, I want to make EVERYTHING! So, I bought it...after placing post-it's on my favorite pages, I want to make 19 things. And last but not least, the Message Bible...I am almost done with my morning devotional book (Hinds Feet on High Places) and I have wanted to read through the New Testament this year and I thought...how fun would it be to read it out of the Message Bible? I realize that this Bible is not a "replacement" for the real thing, but how fun to read the same stories in today's language. I'm kind of excited to dig in!


Oh...was anyone hoping to see some slipcover action today? Well...it has been kind of one of those weeks... You know how sometimes after a completely non-stop weekend, you just need some "time". I've been kind of walking around aimlessly this week. Can't start a project for anything. That's OK...I'm trying to give myself some grace. Today is my day, though, to get a few things done. Since we do a half-day of homeschooling on Wednesday's, and most of the kids work is independent...that alone gets me excited. So, I am planning to:


finish the slipcovers


finish going through Daisy's room (got burnt out after the other two)


clean up my sewing room (again!)


tally/photograph my latest Goodwill donation


We'll see how I do!


I'm planning on sharing another "Tiffy's Top Ten" on Friday. Have a good one!


XOXO Tiffany


"I would like to achieve a state of inner spiritual grace from which I could function and give as I was meant to in the eyes of God". Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh

No comments:

Post a Comment