Monday, March 5, 2012

Beef Taquitos and Green Jell-O Popcorn!

I really have too many recipes to share and not enough Monday's. So, I thought I would share two recipes today! I know! The first one being my mom's Jell-O Popcorn. This stuff is so crazy sweet and crunchy and good...what a fun treat! You can use any Jell-O flavor that you would like and any color of food coloring. But, the green is so fun for March. Here's the recipe:

Jell-O Popcorn
12 cups of popcorn, popped
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter
¼ cup light corn syrup
2 tbsp fruit flavored Jell-O
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Food coloring

Place popcorn in a large roasting pan. In saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Add Jell-O, soda, vanilla and food coloring; blend well. Pour over popcorn and stir to coat. Bake at 250 for 15 minutes. Stir and then bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.


OK...here is another favorite. Once I get started on these Beef Taquitos, I literally can't stop. Oh, they are yummy!
Beef Taquitos
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb ground beef
½ cup salsa
2 tsp chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
10 flour tortillas
½ cup shredded cheese
Salsa and sour cream

Heat oil in skillet and sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Add beef and brown until no longer pink. Stir in salsa, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Place ¼ cup of meat mixture onto tortilla and top with a sprinkle of cheese. Roll up and place on sheet pan. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Spray the tops of the roll-ups with Pam. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Serve with salsa and sour cream.

Mmmm...you should try these! Super easy.


Well...I should keep cruisin' here this morning. And, I still need to add the ruffle to those slipcovers! I'm hoping to find the time today or tomorrow so that I can show the finished product on Wednesday. Have a good one!


XOXO Tiffany


"When I got home, I unloaded all the groceries, stuffing them in wherever I could find an open space. ...I wrapped potatoes in foil and stuck them in the oven to bake, covered a steak with marinade and balanced it on top of a carton of eggs in the fridge". Twilight by Stephenie Meyer






No comments:

Post a Comment