Monday, March 19, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

Where has this day gone??? I am still in my work out clothes at 4:55pm and I still have not worked out. I can't figure out what happened? I'll have to make this post short and sweet because now it's time to get dinner going.

I just LOVE chicken pot pie! This recipe is my favorite chicken pot pie recipe. I can't remember where I got it from...maybe on the back of a chicken broth can???
Here it is:

Classic Chicken Pot Pie
1 package of pie crusts
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup flour
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 ½ cups chicken broth
2/3 cup milk
3 cups shredded chicken
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables

Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, cook for 2 minutes. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened. Add chicken and mixed vegetables, mix well. Remove from heat. Poor into crust lined pan. Top with second crust, seal edges. Cut slits in several places. Bake at 425 for 30-40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

I hope you try it!

Tonight we're having spaghetti and salad...I'd better get moving!

XOXO Tiffany

"Let me tell you why you're here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness?" Matthew 5:13 from the Message Bible (oh how I am loving this Bible!)

No comments:

Post a Comment