Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mama needs a new hat!

This is yesterday's sunrise...I went upstairs around 7am to shower and I looked out my bedroom window and saw this...so I ran back downstairs and grabbed my camera. It's been awhile since we've had an outstanding sunrise. It was gorgeous.
For my Sewing Wednesday...I'm hoping to finish a little spring/summer hat that I started the other day. I'm also hoping to re-visit my little patchwork skirt. My first go at it wasn't quite right...I've got some other ideas of what I would like to do to make it better. But...I don't know how much I'll get done today! I'm taking MJ to the dentist at 12:15 to get some teeth pulled (recommended by the orthodontist). I mean, right smack in the middle of the day! Then, the girls have a friend coming over from 2:15-5:30. Maybe I can sneak in a little sewing there.

In the kitchen...I am making some HUGE changes about how the Millers eat. We have removed (almost) all processed foods. Still using up a couple of things and I have not removed sugar and white flour yet...though, last night I made Whole Wheat Cheesy Pizza Fries...the kids were a little scared and dissapointed at first, because I've made this with white dough in the past. But, they ended up loving it! Matt especially! I made the crust 1/2 white flour and 1/2 whole wheat flour. I'm thinking I'm just going to gradually add in the whole wheat to get their taste buds accustomed. I also made a blueberry pie and homemade vanilla ice cream. Probably one of my favorite dinners ever.

Here are my top 3 resources in our "Real Food" adventure:
Food Inc. (DVD)
Food Rules by Michael Pollan
100 Days of Real Food (Blog)

I'm sure I'll be chatting/sharing more on this topic in the posts to come! Have a fabulous spring day!!! *Beware...spell check was not working...

XOXO Tiffany

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants". Food Rules by Michael Pollan

No comments:

Post a Comment