Monday, March 26, 2012

My Sneaky Green Smoothie

I had bought a jumbo pack of these Starbucks Frappuccino's at Costco awhile back...I thought they would be great for traveling. You know, when you need a little kick in the morning or late afternoon. Well, in my journey to be healthier, I have decided not to drink them anymore. They're actually not all that great anyway. But, I have saved all the bottles because they are just so cute and the kids love drinking their smoothies out of them. I also freeze our extra smoothies in these jars because I try not to freeze things in plastic. For drinking a frozen smoothie...I just remove it from the freezer in the morning, remove the metal cap, put it in the microwave for 60 seconds, take it out and put the cap back on it and give it a shake. There is still a slightly frozen blob in the center, but after every sip, I just put the lid on and give it another shake, and by the end it has all thawed. It think you can put it in the fridge the night before too, but I always forget. Here is the recipe that I make for my kids every day with lunch:


Sneaky Green Smoothie

1 cup Greek yogurt

1 scoop of protein powder

1 heaping handful of baby organic spinach

1 cup frozen mixed berries

2 frozen bananas

1 cup milk


I just blend it all up (in my Vita-Mix) and we drink down our fruit, veggies, protein, dairy, etc...
This recipe makes enough for all 5 of us to have a full glass. You could definitely half the recipe or freeze your extras! The mixed berries are so fabulously dark that you can't see even a trace (or taste) of that spinach!

On Wednesday I'll share a couple of sewing projects that I worked on last week...and then on Friday I am going to share my recipe for my Whipped Coconut Oil (I had a special request for this from Brittany:).

Have a good one!

Tiffany

"The challenge of parenting is to love kids enough to allow them to fail - to stand back, however painful it may be, and let significant learning opportunities build our children". Parenting with Love and Logic by Foster Cline MD and Jim Fay

No comments:

Post a Comment