Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sewing Wednesday...Fabric YoYo's

I have been wanting to make Fabric YoYo's for some time now.  Here are a few that I worked on yesterday...sitting out on the deck in the sun.  I would love to add buttons to the center and start adding these to skirts and handbags...
 I just loved the sunrise this morning!
 I was hoping to work on a couple of skirts for my cousin today!  My Aunt Nancy gave me some fabrics that she had and asked if I would make a couple of little skirts for my cousin Jenny (she's 9:).  I'm hoping to do a little patchwork skirt with the fabrics above...and I started a little skirt with this other fabric (cut off of her Pottery Barn Curtains) (below) last night.  I'll post pictures when I'm done!
I was hoping to have a little more time today to work on them, but we went on our Nature Walk...then to Dairy Queen...then to some garage sales.  The day has gotten away from me again!  Now I need to focus on dinner and evening sports.  Soccer and Swim Team tonight.

Sorry I missed a couple of posts (Friday and Monday).  It has gotten wild over here.  And, I made some crazy good recipes this weekend and didn't get pictures!  I'll have to make it all again so I can get some photos and share.  The best, by far, was a little dessert that I made for our friends on Saturday. 

Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Scandinavian Almond Cake
Homemade Blueberry Sauce

All served together in a bowl...I am still dreaming about this dessert.  Plus, I made the Farm Chicks Enchilada Soup...so good!  Hoping to share a recipe or two on Monday.

Take care Y'all!

Tiffany

"I fretted that they would forget about me or, worse, discover that they liked it better without me".  The House at Tyneford by Natasha Solomons

No comments:

Post a Comment