Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sewing Wednesday...it's time to update Etsy!

 My poor little Etsy shop....it could really use some sprucing up.  I think I'll work on it today a bit.  While I haven't spent much time making fabulous new things for Etsy, I still have some wonderful little treasures from last summer!  I did a fun little craft show in St Michael last August, and I have some sweet little scrappy flower pins/clips leftover...
I also have several little cotton summer skirts!  So...between homeschooling the kiddies and our new weekly Nature Walk down by the river, I will be working on my Etsy shop.  Don't forget!  Mother's Day is just around the corner...how cute to do a little Scrappy Flower Pin with a gift card to her favorite:  spa/garden center/restaurant...Just sayin'!

I should let you know...Last Tuesday I decided to go "electronic free" for the day, hoping to make it a Tuesday tradition.  Well, I loved it so much, that yes, I did it yesterday too!  It is amazing and freeing!  I feel so drawn to the computer during the day.  It drives me nuts b/c I'll be like..."Oh, I've got to go email so and so"...or, "Oh, I'll go print off that Timed Math Sheet"...20 minutes later, I'm sitting at the computer checking emails etc and can't remember what in the heck I'm doing there.  Now, I just make a little list of the things that I need to do on the computer...that way I can go to the computer for something specific and not get all side tracked.  I've got the kids participating too...No Wii, DS, IPod Touch, Kindle Fire, Email, Computer...for the whole day.  Last night Lucy was telling me that she loves when we take the day off of electronics.  Me too girl!  A new tradition has been started! 

Happy Wednesday...

Tiffany

"If you have a garden and a library you have everything you need".  Cicero

No comments:

Post a Comment