Friday, May 18, 2012

Cleaning Day...and a Mango Smoothie

 Ahhh...relaxing on a log down by the Crow River.  Our weekly nature walks have officially become a habit.  We sure do love them!  Oh, the things we find and observe!  It's probably our most anticipated event of the week.

Last week, I was in the mood to clean.  Matt was out of town and I wanted him to come home to a clean house.  So on Thursday, I told the kids we were going to clean the house from top to bottom.  I made myself a list, and I made the kids a list.  Here is what we accomplished (in under 3 hours!).

Tiffany's List:
dust main level
sweep main level
vacuum main level
clean main bathroom
clean kids bathroom
clean master bathroom
dust master bedroom
vacuum stairs
vacuum upstairs

Kids List:
pick up kids bathroom
clean bedrooms
dust bedrooms
wipe down 4 kitchen chairs (each)
clean porch
get all laundry downstairs
shake out 3 kitchen rugs

The kids were done in about an hour and then they got busy playing.  But, we felt so accomplished!  I think I would rather spend one full day cleaning than have to do a project or two every single day.  And, this week, I finished my list in 2 hours!  It takes a lot less time to clean a clean house.  Hmmm.  I'm hoping we can continue this!  It's so nice to enjoy a clean house!  And, when the kids participate, they're much more picky about keeping it clean. 
I made this Mango Smoothie last week and the kids really loved it.  Here's what I did:

Mango Yogurt Smoothie:
1 mango (peeled, chopped, frozen)
2 bananas, frozen
2 cups of plain yogurt
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup sugar

Blend until smooth and enjoy!  Makes 4 (large) smoothies.

Oh...I added a little update to my Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies...I made them healthier!  Instead of 4 cups of white flour, I did 2 cups of whole wheat flour and 2 cups of white flour.  And then, I cut out 1/4 cup of white sugar and 1/4 cup of brown sugar.  I actually think they taste even better!  I posted this change to the cookie page.

This afternoon my parents are having all 4 grandkids over to play...I'm going to run errands (and maybe sew?).  Then, they are having Matt and I and my brother and sister-in-law over for Thai food.  Should be a fun day!

Have a wonderful weekend!  BTW...I've been reading through a lot of Emilie Barnes books on organizing...I've been getting a lot of great tips...you should check some out from your library!

XOXO Tiffany

"I leaned against the warm brick wall and gazed up.  It was a bright, cloudless day, the sky a mocking blue".  Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

No comments:

Post a Comment