Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Honey Whole Wheat Banana Bread

 I have been making the same banana bread recipe since 2001 (yes, I date my recipes when I make them).  It is from the Dayton Hudson Cookbook from 1989.  My mom gave me this cookbook before I got married and I have made so many recipes from it!  In my quest to consume less white (refined) sugar and less white flour, I decided to change up my recipe a bit...the results were outstanding and Matt and the kids didn't even notice the change!
 I usually make it in a glass loaf pan, but both of my loaf pans were being used (I store our homemade ice cream in them), so I used my bundt pan.  I overbaked it by about 5-10 minutes...it cooks a lot quicker in the black pan as opposed to my glass bread pan.  So, I would bake it for 60 minutes in the loaf pan (if light or glass) or 50 minutes in a bundt pan or dark pan.  Just check it!
Honey Whole Wheat Banana Bread
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey (raw if you can)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Grease your loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients.  Add bananas.  Whisk next 5 dry ingredients in medium bowl.  Add to banana mixture.  Add milk and vanilla.  Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 60 minutes.  Cool about 10 minutes in pan (if you have that much patience) and remove onto cooling rack.  Slice, butter and enjoy!

XOXO Tiffany

"As we surrender to Christ's power and to his love, we are able to experience strength from weakness, beauty from ashes, and freedom even in the midst of failure".  Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment