Monday, May 14, 2012

Power Balls and this weeks menu...

Have you guys seen these Power Balls around?  I LOVE them!  They're a great little snack (or breakfast) to have in the fridge.  My Sweetie had a few this morning with a banana.  It's like eating cookie dough!  Here's how I make them...

Power Balls
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything together and form into balls.  Chill in the fridge and enjoy!

I've got my menu all set for this week...I have to say...I planned too much food for last week.  But, I would rather have that problem than not enough!  With Matt gone, we had way more leftovers than normal.  We still have a ton of food in the fridge, so the kids and I have been working on it today.  Here is what it looks like:

Monday:
B-Banana Cream Smoothie and Homemade Almond Granola Bars
L-Clean out the fridge!
D-Clean out the fridge!

Tuesday:
B-Creamy Wheat
L-Stuffed Peppers
D-Bean and Cheese Enchilada

Wednesday:
B-Homemade Bread/Homemade Apple Butter
L-Kids at a friends house...
D-Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches

Thursday:
B-Apple Pannekueken
L-Leftovers
D-Meatballs/mashed potatoes/salad

Friday:
B-Breakfast Taco
L-Leftovers
D-Italian Dunkers/Salad/Blueberry Pie

Saturday:
B-Blueberry Corn Muffins
L-Homemade bagels/cream cheese/strawberries (swim meet)
D-Cheesy Pizza Twists

Sunday:
B-Blueberry Corn Muffins
L-Small Group
D-Lasagna Soup

I've not been great about posting all my recipes...I'll keep trying, but if there is a recipe that you are waiting for...just let me know!

This week my Top 3 Things to Get Done are:
1.  Clear the clutter of baskets above kitchen cabinets
2.  Hang my 4 weeks worth of clean laundry that have created an insane mountain on my closet floor!
3.  Clean the glasses cupboard.  I've started saving jars/lids and this cupboard has gotten out of control!

Have a great week!

XOXO Tiffany

"I looked down, stung by her words.  They were a mother's words, words I would say to my own daughter if I were concerned for her".  Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

No comments:

Post a Comment