Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sewing Wednesday...getting organized

I set my alarm for 4:30 this morning.  Lately I've been waking up around 5:30 or 6am.  I really miss my 4:30.  But, the kids sports going until 8:15pm most nights...and by the time they get home and have a snack and shower, it's around 9pm (I like them in their rooms by 8pm on a perfect night...they are still free to read or play Legos or journal to get sleepy).  Then I need to read for a bit to wind down and then it's like 10pm.  So, I only got about 6 1/2 hours of sleep last night...I like 8-9 hours.  But, my list is long and I would really like to accomplish something today!

I've sold 14 skirts in the last month...my little shop needs more!  I have TONS of fabric just waiting to be made into cute little skirts...the problem:  organization.  Some of the fabrics haven't been washed, some of the fabrics need to be ironed, some of the fabrics are ready to go!  Last night I started really going through 3 storage tubs of fabric.  I decided to sort.  This morning I want to wash a couple of loads of fabric and also iron the fabrics that have already been washed.  The task is simple but it seemed overwhelming...it's always good when you can break it down into little do-able segments.  So, today I'd like to get all my fabric prepped, and then (maybe) tomorrow, I can get some skirts cut out, and then the next day get some skirts assembled!

I hope you have a wonderful day of accomplishments!!!

XOXO Tiffany

"Well, girl.  You have set the cat loose in the poultry house now."  (Ha!  Love that one!) Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier 

No comments:

Post a Comment