Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sewing Wednesday...Me and Lulu

 I finished the two little skirts for my cousin Jenny, who is 8.  My aunt had given me some fun fabrics...the above skirt is made of chocolate and cupcakes and polkadots.  Fun!  I just cut it all into little squares and then had fun on my serger.  The skirt below is made from 4 sections of fabric that she cut off of her Pottery Barn curtains.  I hope she enjoys her new little skirts for summer!  We get to see them on Friday!
 I made this little skirt for a girlfriend.  She had picked out the fabric last fall and I just got around to it.  I don't do well with special orders. 
 Lucy was really bored the other day and she wanted to SEW!  Yes, I get a little excited about having one of my kids interested in sewing.  Lucy got her first sewing machine about 2 years ago on her 8th birthday.  We made a few things right off the bat...but then she lost interest.  I just packed it up, hoping that one day it would come back.  I'm thinking that the first few projects that I gave her were just too advanced.  So, we dug back into this sweet little sewing book, "Sewing School" and picked out some projects that she liked.  What I like about this book is that it starts them out with ALL hand sewing.  Lucy has never wanted to do hand sewing...I think she's too impatient.  But, this time it worked, and she had a blast!
 She even got on her sewing machine for a bit!
 She made this sweet little Needle Book.
 She learned how to sew on two different kinds of buttons.
 And, here is her favorite project.  Little Buddy and a Blanket.  Little Buddy was made all by hand...and for the blanket, she just cut out to rectangles and stitched them together.  I can't believe what a difference 2 years makes with her on the sewing machine!  Her birthday is in 3 weeks so I already have some fun sewing stuff picked out for her!  I can't wait!
I think the kids and I will head out to some garage sales this morning...a neighboring town is having a neighborhood sale.  Then, we'll do our nature walk and our nature journals...then they are having some friends over.  I'm hoping to sew after I've fed them all lunch.  The only sport tonight is MJ's swim team!  What a relief!

Have a great day!

XOXO Tiffany

"Afterwards we cleaned up, and then I had a little time free to rest and sew on the bench out front, or back in the courtyard".  Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier  

No comments:

Post a Comment