Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sewing Wednesday...Skirts (trying to find the time)

 My calendar had looked so promising a few days ago...I thought, "Oh, for sure I'll have time to sew four skirts and list them on Etsy before Wednesday".  Just didn't happen.  Last week I cut out about 16-18 skirts...I just can't wait to see them all done!
 I will still be selling some $20 skirts...but I will also have some fully-lined skirts that will be $27.  Some of the fabric is just too sheer, and will need to be lined.  When lining a skirt, it is almost like making two skirts.
Maybe I'll try to sew a bit this morning before the kids get up...we have such a busy day!  The kids will have some school work (piano, math, reading, read-a-loud), then we're going on our nature walk at 10:30am (always something interesting out in nature...pair of mating toads anyone?  Oh, the conversations we've had about those toads...), we'll come home and do our nature journals, have some lunch (the last of the enchilada soup), Daisy and Lucy are having two friends over after school, I am bringing dinner to a friend (who is going through a divorce), we'll have dinner, friends go home, Daisy has soccer from 6-7:30pm, MJ has swim team from 6:45-7:30, showers and bed.  Maybe while the kids play I can get a little sewing done....I love having my sewing room on the main level just off the kitchen.  What a dream! 

Try to do something creative today!

XOXO Tiffany

"To accept the lovely, the messy, and the unexpected things in our days, knowing that God sees them and has an eternal perspective, is to say with confidence 'I receive your timing.  I accept that you know so I don't have to.  Even when it all goes wrong'".  Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment