Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Mid-Summer's Break

 Hey guys...life has taken over lately and has felt a bit crazy.  I didn't plan on taking last week of from blogging, and I didn't plan on taking this week off from blogging.  It just happened.  The kids and I spent a weekend in Mankato for Lulu's A/B swim finals...so fun!  Then, it just felt like a recovery week.  We hosted Daisy's year-end soccer party this last weekend and then had my family over for my mom's birthday party.  This week is going to be major planning and packing for our camping adventure in the Porcupine Mountains in Michigan on Lake Superior.  Can't wait!  Come home on Monday and it's get ready to host my cousin's Bridal Shower Brunch (Thurs) and then it's her wedding (Fri) and a Pig Roast gift opening party (Sat).  So excited!  All that to say...I may not be back until August 12th.  Maybe I'll bop in here and there...but these random weeks make it tough for me to keep on schedule.  Hope you're having a great summer!
 This is a picture of our garden harvest.  I am not a gardener.  I pretend to be one...but my garden is really about "survival of the fittest". 

Look at the fabulous snack we had!  All from our gardens.
 Cleaned up the onions so they are ready to be used.
 Here is a shot of the car all loaded up with donations.  I was hoping to be finished with the kids rooms before I made this drop off...but we couldn't get finished, and we needed this stuff out.  I'm hoping the last 3 weeks in August will be used to finish up the kids rooms before the school year gets started.  I've done some homeschool planning lately...probably one of my favorite things to do.  I sure do love planning out our year!!!
Take care all!

XOXO Tiffany

"Is it nice, my preciousss?  Is it juicy?  Is it scrumptiously crunchable?"  The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien  (my favorite line in The Hobbit so far...Lulu and I quote it constantly:)

2 comments:

  1. Your garden vegetables make a pretty picture. Eggplants are ripe here in Pennsylvania now and are for sale at the Amish road stands. So this month it's eggplant dishes on the table.
    Reorganizing a closet does feel good. On our minds is sorting through boxes of books in our basement that will not fit on our shelves upstairs.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eggplant! Not so much when I was growing up, but have definetely acquired a taste for it. Good luck with your basement organizing project!

    ReplyDelete