Friday, July 6, 2012

An Organizing Project...

 One of my favorite things to do is sit out back on my deck with the umbrella up and read a great book.  I try to do this every day.  Another favorite thing to do is to organize/simplify!  One area that needed it lately was my tablecloth collection.  I was storing my tablecloths in two places because they didn't all fit in the original location...the little cupboard above the microwave.  So, I gathered all my tablecloths/placemats/cloth napkins in one spot.

Here is my lovely pile.  I had two Valentines Day tablecloths...two Halloween tablecloths...tons of Christmas tablecloths...aren't those events just one day a year?  Why so many tablecloths? 
 I decided to get rid of these (below).  This wasn't easy...I really love some of these.  I got rid of both Valentine's Day tablecloths and two Christmas tablecloths.  And I decided to keep one solid red tablecloth that can be used for Christmas and Valentine's Day.  I got rid of my two sets of placemats...mostly b/c they don't wash well and let's face it, they get dirty!
 I put these cloth napkins in my sewing room to use for something down the road...I put them in the donation bag several times but somehow they kept getting pulled back out.
 And...here is my little cupboard of keepers!  (and my little white wicker picnic basket that we haven't used yet this summer!)
 I feel like I can breath...sometimes it's just better to have less options.  It makes the options that you do have more special.  I'll have to see which ones I actually use this year...maybe next summer I could scale this back even more!
Do you have an item that you know you have too many of that you could scale down this week???  It feels good!  And now I have a big bag of beautiful tablecloths to bring to Goodwill!

XOXO Tiffany

"Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally.  I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances....I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty.  Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am".  Paul writes in Philippians 4:10-14 in the Message Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment