Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sewing Wednesday...A Mid Year Resolution

Happy 4th of July!!!  We are loving this week at home...Sweetie took the week off of work and we are hardly leaving the house.  We've been enjoying our new pool and Sweetie is working like crazy getting our backyard to look less like a war zone and more like a relaxing oasis.  It really got destroyed with the installation.  

The kids and I went raspberry picking this morning and then we came home and wrote/sketched in our Nature Journals.  Then we went to Dave and Busters for Sweeties birthday lunch.  Then it was home for a little nap (man are we getting old) and a swim in the pool.  I've got a fresh raspberry pie in the oven right now and I thought I'd better sit and get this post out!

Last week while the kids were at VBS, I made 5 little girl twirly skirts.  I sold one of them before I could get this picture.  Hoping to list these on Etsy soon...  

Well, a week or so ago, Sweetie and I were working on the garage...my fabric storage space to be specific.  This did not go over well with Sweetie.  He said, "something needs to be done!".  Yes, I have a problem.  I've always said, "I don't have any vices.  I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, gamble...".  Well...I hoard fabric.  Looking at the masses of storage tubs and bags of fabric in the garage (and knowing there were mountains in my sewing studio too), I decided to make a Mid Year Resolution. 

I will not buy any fabric or notions until January 1st, 2013.  Then I will take another look and decide on a new goal for the year (just because I like to do that).  I have enough stuff.  This will not hinder me in making any new fabulous creations...it will just keep me out of Joanns, SR Harris, and my new obsession, Thrift Stores.  I'm hoping to make a dent in my stash...use up what I have, and in the process, get rid of (more) stuff too. 

Kids are in the pool...I'm off to read for a bit while I wait to devour that pie.

XOXO Tiffany

"The lake was beautiful and always changing in hue and texture".  The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment