Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A funky week...

Is anybody else having "one of those" weeks?  I find that the week before a transition is always a touch difficult.  I hate to throw blame around...but I think it's my kids.  They are "off" this week.  Not "off" as in vacation, "off" as in, not themselves.  I think they know that change is coming, and they aren't handling it very well.  I am so excited for this school year to get started, I can't even tell you!  I'm hoping that my excitement wears off on these kids at some point.  Uff-da...
 Some pictures of food...why not?...the top photo is a Jello Cake that my girlfriend, Susan, brought over on Sunday...isn't it gorgeous?!?  It tasted even more awesome than it looked.  

The second food shot is of a banana split that the kids and I made.  Homemade vanilla ice cream, one perfectly ripe banana (sliced), caramel sauce, and homemade fudge frosting.  Oh my goodness... 
Lucy insisted that I take a photo of her mac and cheese the other day.  I said "no" and she was so hurt that I said "ok".  Took the photo and she told me that I could put it on my blog.  So, here is Lucy's Annie's Organic Whole Wheat mac and cheese with a little salt and pepper.

I'm off to type up scripture verses that the kids and I will work on memorizing this year...focusing on patience and self control.  Can anyone relate?

XOXO Tiffany

"Cultivating a heart of gratitude in our children is impossible unless we ourselves are grateful".  Growing Grateful Kids by Susie Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment