Saturday, September 8, 2012

Honey Chicken Kabobs

 We did lots and lots of entertaining in the month of August.  I made this meal twice, wow does that take the pressure off when you already know your menu!  I had really been wanting to do kabobs...chicken and veggie kabobs over a bed of cilantro lime quinoa.  Yes please.  So, I tweaked a recipe and this is what I came up with...
 Honey Chicken Kabobs
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
1/4 tsp pepper

Whisk the marinade together and pour over your:
cubed chicken
peppers
onions
pineapple

Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.  The next day, soak your wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes and thread your ingredients onto them in any old way you like.  I started saying "pepper, onion, chicken, pineapple" in my sleep.  I like order, but you could sure mix it up.

For a big party, (we had 32 people over...though only 12 were adults) I did 4 packages of fresh chicken tenders, 1 whole fresh pineapple, 1 bag of mini peppers, and 2 sweet onions.  Everything but the onions were from Costco.  (oh, and I tripled the marinade!)  We did hotdogs for the kids.  I didn't get an "after" picture of the kabobs in all their char-grilled gorgeousness laying beautifully on a bed of quinoa...both times I made this we were entertaining, and I would feel like a shmuck..."excuse me everybody, could I just take a picture of this beautiful meal that I just prepared for you all".  So, you only get to see it in raw form at this time.  But, I will be making these again and again!
Happy First Week of School!!!  I have a 3rd grader, a 5th grader, and a 6th grader this year.  It was one of my favorite starts to a schoolyear.  I think it's going to be a good one!

XOXO Tiffany

"Peacemakers...are determined to have true inner peace and will therefore live from the truth and deal openly and honestly with conflict".  Growing Grateful Kids by Susie Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment