Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sewing like crazy

 14 years ago today, I married the man of my dreams.  While at the time, I had no idea that marriage was sometimes spelled H-A-R-D, still, I wouldn't want to work on this with anybody else!  I still giggle at our marriage counselors when we did the "Before you say I do" class...they met with each couple after the results from the compatibility test came back.  They seemed a bit nervous, but they plowed ahead and told us, "It appears that you guys are going to experience some friction in your relationship".  Heehee...we kind of did an awkward giggle type thing...as 23 and 24 year olds will do when told something that they just don't agree with.  Well, my Sweetie took charge and told these crazy people that "I'm going to court Tiffy till the day I die!".  Whew...that sounded wonderful.  Full steam ahead.  Turns out, those counselors were on to something.  Well, I guess we can't use the excuse, "we had no idea!".  We have had some of the most wonderful days you could imagine and also some tough ones.  We are still dealing with the same issues that we were dealing with 14 years ago...but you know what...I think we're dealing with them better and better.  Sure, it can get frustrating to go over the same old issue time and time again...and sure, we are as different as night and day...but, when those differences get really annoying, I like to tell Sweetie, with a big smile on my face "Opposites attract".  He just loves when I do that.  Differences in a relationship require change/compromise, and change allows growth.  We feel like we're ready to be done growing.  But, I'm not sure, I think God has big plans for us!  And, I repeat, I wouldn't want to work on a relationship with anybody else!!!  He's really quite the outstanding guy...remember this post???
Sweetie had to travel yesterday, flew to and from Kansas City so that he could be home for today...swoon.  The kids and I finished school by 12pm...yippeee!  I quickly dug out some sewing projects that I have been longing to get to.
 Every once in a while, I just need an afternoon chai...this was one of those days.
 After lots of slicing and dicing, I finished one new skirt, and have 5 others cut out and ready to be sewn! 
 The next couple of days are going to be crazy busy, but this weekend isn't looking too bad, so I'm hoping to find some sewing time then...
Sweetie and I have a little date night planned...looking forward to getting out and spending time with the man of my dreams.

XOXO Tiffany

"...God isn't interested in making our lives comfortable.  He wants to make our lives count.  He wants us to live significant lives".  Growing Grateful Kids by Susie Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment