Monday, September 17, 2012

Southwestern Quinoa Salad

 I made this salad a TON this summer.  I usually served it as a side dish, but then ate the leftovers as my lunch.  Yummy.

Southwestern Quinoa Salad:
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups veggie broth
1 cup corn
1 can black beans
1 red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin

Rinse quinoa.  Place broth and quinoa in a saucepan and bring to a boil.  Then, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the broth is absorbed.  Cool.  Mix quinoa with next 6 ingredients.  Whisk lime juice, oil, and cumin in a small bowl.  Drizzle over salad and toss.
I woke up feeling awesome at 4am this morning.  I thought, I have got to get my act together.  My mornings, lately, have not been going as well as I would like.  Plus, I've been sewing a lot, which means my house is not getting cleaned.  This morning, I went back to my routine of getting in my chai/bible time, and also my work-out, before I check the computer.  Lately, I have been enjoying my chai while I check my computer...and you know how that goes, one thing leads to another and all of the sudden, the kids are up and I haven't read my bible or worked out!  I'm really feeling ready to get some things done this week.  Plus, I leave on Friday at 1:15pm for a women's retreat!  I need to be organized!

Have a great Monday.

XOXO Tiffany

"We horses must take things as they come, and always be contented and willing so long as we are kindly used".  Black Beauty by Anna Sewell

**Disclaimer...I just realized that I had already posted this recipe on July 9th, 2012.  I must really love this recipe!  Whoops...

No comments:

Post a Comment