Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Food...

 Hi...technically, this is my Monday Food post.  I've been feeling sluggish lately...I'm calling it Seasonal Sluggish-ness.  Do you ever get like that?  I'm not feeling motivated to get anything done.  I'm not motivated to cook, clean, sew...all my favorite things (well, besides cleaning).  I am, however, motivated to lie in bed all day with a good book.  I just finished Francine River's "A Voice in the Wind".  Couldn't put it down!  Luckily, Sweetie was traveling so I didn't have to feel guilty about the amount of time I spent on that book the last couple of days.  I just got book 2 and 3 from my mom.  What a series! 
 I made this Butternut Squash Black Bean Chili last week.  I thought it might help with my cold...I think it did! 
 Today, I made this big batch of Green Drink.  I just don't feel like I'm getting enough fruits/veggies lately...maybe that's a reason for my sluggish-ness.  I drank a jar at lunch time and another jar while I drove Lucy to swim team.  It was a nasty sludgy looking thing...but it wasn't too bad.  Spinach, carrots, celery, banana, pears, water...
 Have you made good ole grilled cheese and tomato soup lately?
 It's one of our favorites.  We just use a small amount of soup as a dipper for our sandwich.
I made a loaf of homemade white bread and shredded up some of Costco's Organic Cheddar Cheese.  Mmmm...I'll have to put this into our monthly rotation.

I'm hoping to blog in the morning...but I've been feeling sluggish lately...have I mentioned that yet???  My new favorite song on my iTunes mix right now is Playing with the Queen of Hearts by Lynn Anderson.  Remember that one?  I also just added How He Loves Us by Me in Motion.

XOXO Tiffany

"What happens to a society when all restraints are removed?"  A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers

2 comments:

  1. I love that BOOK!!!! The problem with books like that is seriously..no really.. you actually don't want to put it down. I remembered with all those books I would get in bed and read for a good 2 hrs!! :) Might just have to make bread and have grilled cheese tonight looks delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea...I'll be reading and I'll look at how long the next chapter is and I'll be like..."well, I probably won't finish this chapter before bed"...and before you know it...the chapter is done. Great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete