Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin Fever!

 I spent Saturday afternoon working on my menu plan.  I actually really enjoy this project when I have the time.  There I sat, with the sun on my back, pouring over yummy recipes!  I wrote down Breakfast and Dinner for the next 3 weeks.  I figure lunch will be leftovers.
 Yesterday, we stopped at Trader Joe's and picked up 15 lbs of clementines for the trick or treaters! 
 The kids drew the jack-o-lantern faces:).
 I'm storing these in the cool garage until Wednesday.
 We also (finally) stopped by the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins!  I told the kids that they were on their own this year with the carving.  I feel like I end up "helping", and before long, I'm a sweaty mess as I work through carving 3 massive pumpkins!  I told the kids, you can draw on them or carve them, but you need to do it on your own.  Oh, and, I don't want to have to run to the ER tonight, so be careful!  They did great.  And, while they carved away...I got to make some Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread!  I got the recipe from the 100 Days of Real Food Blog (link to the right).
 Mmmmm.
 This morning I made Pumpkin Pancakes...equally yummy...maybe even more yummy than the bread!
OK...I've gotta run Lucy to Swim Team...

XOXO Tiffany

"Increasing the rythm of your home life is one of the most powerful ways of simplifying your childrens lives."  Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne 

No comments:

Post a Comment