Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sewing...

 On Saturday, I woke up with a sore throat.  On Sunday, I woke up with a sore throat and a stuffy nose.  Monday and Tuesday...more of the same!  Today...some relief.  We've been making our school days a little bit easier so that I can rest and kick this thing!  Today, I am finding some time to sew.  I had a couple of annoying mending projects (4 to be precise) that like to sit and haunt me.  So, I thought I would tackle those first.  I finished 3 of them (a hem for Sweetie, a shoulder alteration for Lucy's nightgown, patching a ripped bed skirt)...now I just need to add a ruffle to the bottom of Daisy's jammie pants.  They're looking a little on the short side.

I made the above tote a couple of weeks ago...you can check it out on Etsy here
 Then I made two of these little copper and orange skirts.  They're made out of a vintage knit.  I already sold one on Etsy...the other can be seen here.  Wouldn't that be cute for Thanksgiving??? 
Then...Sweetie and I were planning on attending our 20 year high school reunion and I really wanted to make a new dress.  I had known the reunion date for at least 3 months...but decided to wait until the day of to actually make my dress.  I don't know why I do that?!  So...I started this little number at 5am.  I had to leave for a few hours during the day to see Daisy's soccer game and run a couple of miles with a friend.  I was literally sewing until minutes before we had to head out the door.  Crazy.  If we weren't so rushed, I would have gotten a photo at home without my little sweater shrug.  It is a little sleeveless dress with a belt in the back...really cute!  I call it my Sound of Music dress b/c I made it out of my Grandma Ruta's (roll your "R" please) old drapes.  I also have a handbag and a skirt that I have made from this fabric.  And, these drapes were massive...so there will be more projects!

The reunion...ugh.  It was quite the reminder of the fact that I didn't have a lot of friends in high school.  I had a lot of "acquaintances".  Not a lot of friends.  (Don't feel bad...I didn't even know it at the time)  My close friends from school were Matt (Sweetie), Monica, and Kelly.  I still see all 3 of those people regularly.  Kelly refused to go (but then regretted it and promised to go to the 30).  Monica had to cancel at the last minute (I was putting the final stitches into my dress when I got her text).  Sweetie, on the other hand, had a crazy amount of friends.  He was running around and chatting all night.  Having a ball.  I thought two hours would be enough time...7-9pm.  Oh no...I had to drag him out kicking and screaming at 12am.  I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I am not a night-owl.  More of an early-bird.  I get tired, yawn-y, and crabby after about 8pm (Sweetie would say 6:30pm...maybe we should meet in the middle and call it 7:15pm).  And, I really wasn't afraid to share it.  People started backing away from me.  I was done with small talk.  I wanted my bed.  So...when the "30" comes around...I'll be ready!  I've already recruited Kelly, Monica, and Zahir.  We will go and have fun!  I'll check in with Sweetie from time to time, but I don't want him to have to worry about me.  And then, I told Sweetie, please get me a room at the hotel, that way, when I am done, I can go upstairs, take a bath, and read a good book.  Now, that's my kind of night.  It should be known to those that I spoke with at the reunion...it was amazing to see you and wonderful to catch up!!!  To those that I didn't get to chat with...let's meet up at the "30"!

Have a wonderful week...

XOXO Tiffany

"Her colors were an array of avocado green, harvest gold, and Brady Bunch burnt orange".  A Life that says Welcome by Karen Ehman (reminds me of my dress and my living room:)

No comments:

Post a Comment