Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sewing...adding some length

 A couple of weeks ago, I was working on some mending projects...this was one of them.  I made these little polka dot fleece pants last year for Daisy and Lucy for Christmas.  When I gave them to the girls...they were already about an inch too short...so I added the first ruffle.  As I watched Daisy wear her pants this fall...I thought, what in the world?!?  Those pants are too stinkin' short...again! 
 I still had some of this fabric...a lot actually.  I cut two strips 4 1/2 x 32" each.  I connected the short ends to make two large circles.  **Fleece is awesome b/c you don't have to finish the edges!
 Then I did a basting stitch (long stitch length) on the upper edge and gathered it up (pull one of the two threads).
 I pinned it under the first ruffle and stitched it down.  I did two rows of stitching.
 Those things must have been capris on her!
 Here's my girl in her "new" jammie pants ready for movie night!
 They're kind of cute, no?
 I also finished two more of those ruffle totes.  Now I have a set of three!  I've got some scraps left and I would love to make little wallets/wristlets.
A friend made me some new business cards...I was long overdue!  I had him punch a hole in the upper corner of the cards in one of the boxes so that I can also use them for hangtags.  I'm gettin' all fancy.

Time to get breakfast going (creamy wheat) and start school so that I can get to some more sewing today!  I have about 5 cool summer skirts awaiting their waistbands and hems...I think I'll finish those up before I move on to something else.

XOXO Tiffany

"My decision was made, made before I'd ever consciously chosen, and I was committed to seeing it through."  Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment