Friday, October 19, 2012

The Garage

Yesterday, I found myself with 3 hours all to myself.  Usually I get really selfish with those hours and refuse to clean or to do any projects that I don't enjoy.  I try to fill that time with sewing and reading...my two favorite things, really.  But, yesterday, I decided to spend one of the three hours doing a project that I did not want to do, but needed to be done.  Before the snow falls preferably.  Sweetie has been out of town this week, so I thought I would surprise him...he's been waiting for me to finish this thing.
 This is actually a picture of our garage after we spend an hour or so last Saturday on it.  I SO wish I had gotten a realistic "before" picture.  It was not good.  Once we got it to this point, I told Sweetie, "I'm done."  I needed a break and would finish up the rest of it later.  So, basically I took everything off those two shelves against the back wall and sorted.  I arranged all the kids stuff on the shelf/floor at the left of the door, and I put the overflow of my fabric storage tubs on the shelf/floor at the right of the door.  I threw some stuff away (not nearly enough I'm sure), I put some stuff in the donation pile, and I put our empty storage tubs in the basement (that's a project for another time). 

And, here is how it looked after 1 hour of time...
A good feeling, and I'm glad I'm done! 

Of course, I wish this was my garage...or this one!  But, today, that's just not the reality. 

Any projects that you are dreading but you know you should get to?  Take and hour and dig in!

XOXO Tiffany

"Jesus, may there be less of me and my junk and more of You and Your Kingdom".  7:  An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker


No comments:

Post a Comment