Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Just ready to go...

I do tend to get like this before a big event.  You know when there is so much to do that you almost just go brain dead because you don't want to do any of it.  My mind is already thinking of 11 days of no laundry...no cooking...no dishes...no cleaning...no bills to pay...no school to teach...no sports to drive the kids to...

I'm ready.  Not really.  I still have some research to do for our trip.  Still some packing.  I want to make our homemade chewy almond granola bars.  I need to run to Costco.  I need to finish packing.  Lots and lots of stuff to do.  I have two days.  I need to make the best of this time and just get it done!  I have lists in 3-5 different places.  I think this morning, I will condense it all into one massive list and just start moving.  Here is what I know I need to get done:

make granola bars
do two last loads of laundry
finish packing clothing
pack the media bag (dvd's, cd's, books, audio books, magazines)
garbage to curb
Costco

It just doesn't look that bad...not sure why I can't just rally and get it done!

I had a recipe to share this week...I had some new skirts that I made and wanted share...That'll have to wait.  I'm hoping to come back from this trip refreshed, renewed, and ready to go!  I'm going to bring some hand sewing, two books (A Tree Grows in Brooklyn...and, Cleaning House), my Bible, some magazines that I've saved for the road, and a notebook.  Hoping to spend lots of time praying and asking God what he would have me do with my time.  I'm just feeling like there is still too much on my plate and I need to simplify and condense even more.

I'm off to do my Bible time before the kids start rising.  This will most likely be my last post for a week and a half or so.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!  We're hoping to make it to the ocean on Thanksgiving.  :)

XOXO Tiffany

PS...the photo is from one of our nature walks this fall...

"There had to be dark and muddy waters so that the sun could have something to backround its flashing glory."  A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment