Saturday, November 3, 2012

My computer area got organized!

 I woke up at 4:30am this morning...but didn't get out of bed until 5:10am.  Slacker.  I immediately put on my running clothes (running with a friend at 7:30am) and then I raced downstairs to flip the laundry.  After warming up a mug of apple cider and then buttering up a couple of cranberry quinoa muffins, I sat down at my computer (which is clean and organized btw!).  I needed to pay bills and balance the checkbook.  Next, I need to pack up my scrapbooking stuff b/c I get to scrap with my neighbors for 13 hours today!  

We had a really fun Halloween this year.  Daisy was Hermione from Harry Potter, Lucy was Pippi Longstocking (probably my favorite costume ever and she absolutely loved being Pippi!), and an army guy.  MJ was supposed to be Ringwraith from Lord of the Rings (I had spent some time on his costume...), but, 10 minutes before heading out the door to a party, he changed his mind.  This is year 2 as "army guy".  Ha!   
 This year, I pulled up a chair by the front door so that I could sit and read in between the 142 trick or treaters in 2 hours. 
 So, this was my cluttered computer area.  It actually looks worse up close.  The stack of papers on the left and the tangle of cords/pens/pencils was starting to really bother me.
 This inside of the cupboards weren't organized very well.  Plus, inside the left cupboard, we had about 20 post-its of username/passwords.  I pulled those all off and started an Excel spreadsheet for each of us. 
 I twisted in some little hooks onto the corkboard for our camera/iPod cords.
The kids have really enjoyed being able to sit down at the computer without that mess.  Me too! 

OK...I'm off to take the last load of laundry for the week out of the dryer.  Then it's...run 3 miles, shower, take Daisy to a friends house, and meet the ladies scrapbooking.  I'll be home late, but fortunately we gain an hour!  Don't forget to set your clocks back!

XOXO Tiffany

"As they stood there they saw a long, green valley between two chains of mountains through which a river wound like a ribbon of light."  Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard

No comments:

Post a Comment