Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

 I forgot how much I love Daylight Savings Time in the fall.  I've been managing to get up earlier in the mornings, and I have been feeling much more motivated!  This morning, I got up at 5am, did my Bible time with hot cider and muffins, cleaned up the kitchen after two days of ignoring it, a little time on the computer, and then I'm going to exercise.  I hope this continues!
 I've been making these little Pumpkin Whoopie Pies for a few years now.  I love to make them in October, but they're just as great in November...how fun would these be at Thanksgiving?
 Mmmmm...little cake-like cookies.
Here is the recipe...it couldn't be simpler.  This is a Rachel Ray recipe, but I added some whole wheat flour.

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
1 stick butter melted
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 stick butter softened
4 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
2 pinches salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix the butter and brown sugar until smooth.  Add next 3 ingredients.  Whisk dry ingredients together and then add to mixer.  Using an ice cream scoop, drop batter onto a parchment lined pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes (turning pan after 5 minutes).  Transfer little cakes onto rack to cool. 

For the frosting...cream butter and cream cheese.  Add powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla.  Mix on low until well blended, then on high until fluffy.

Frost the inside of one of the little cakes and place another little cake on top.  I get about 13 large sandwiches.  Yum!  Enjoy!!!

OK...I'm off to exercise.  I'm also thinking of having the kids and I watch the morning news from 7-8am.  I'm feeling like we aren't keeping up on current events.  I kind of took a break from all news for about 5 years.  I just got burnt out.  I think I'm finally ready to re-connect with the world.

Ooh, don't forget to vote tomorrow!  I've got to finish doing my research on some of the candidates in my area.  Also, I have such a peace about this election.  Even if "my guy" doesn't win the election, "God works ALL things for good".  There is a lot of peace in knowing that.

XOXO Tiffany

"Entertaining puts the emphasis on you and how you can impress others.  Offering hospitality puts the emphasis on others and strives to meet their physical and spiritual needs so that they feel refreshed, not impressed, when they leave your home."  A Life that says Welcome by Karen Ehman

No comments:

Post a Comment