Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sewing...an infinity scarf

 I just made this scarf about 5 minutes ago.  And, it took me about 5 minutes.  I used an old scarf (see below) that I have loved for years!  But, I started noticing that the big "scarf" look was getting a little dated looking.  It's all about the infinity scarf these days.  So, all I did was cut off the fringe ends leaving my scarf a 60" x 25" rectangle.  Then I just stitched the ends (I did a French seam) and voila!  An infinity scarf.

We have an 11-day road trip coming up...and I was wanting to get this done so that I could bring it on the trip.  My favorite packing tip ever....
"Pack all your outfits in coordinating colors"!!!
This tip is from my friend Julie...I am totally doing this for our road trip.  I'm thinking my colors will be:
Black, gray, denim, yellow.
That way, I can pack a few essentials and just mix and match the whole trip.  I'll keep you posted on how this works out.
 The original scarf.
 Did y'all vote yesterday?  I figure voting gives me the right to complain.  Ha!  I LOVE election day!  I was on a high all day.  I went to vote in the morning, then the kids and I finished up our school day, and then we headed down to my Auntie Nancy's for the afternoon.  We chatted over tea and did a puzzle.  Three of my favorite things!  (chatting, tea, puzzles)  I also got to go and visit with my Grandma...what a sweetie!  I'll have to make sure I don't show up there wearing a baseball hat again...she had no idea who I was!  Auntie Nancy said that it might not have made a difference.  Oh goodness.  It's tough getting old, no?  And then, Auntie Nancy made the most delicious spaghetti dinner with salad and homemade bread.  Mmmmm.  I brought some banana cake for dessert...maybe I'll share that recipe on Monday.  Then, the kids and I raced home to watch the results pour in.  Our family was rootin' for Mitt Romney.  Oh well, you can't win them all!  I find it so special that our country gets to decide who leads them.  And, majority rules. 
Congratulation President Obama!
Whether you voted for him or not, I for one plan on showing my kids how we show respect to our leaders.  And, at the end of the day, who really rules this country?  God.  Whew.
 I just got some new books!  I splurged on the Jane Austen (4 books in 1) at Costco...$14.99.  That was one of those things that wasn't on my list, but I just couldn't pass up.  I've been reading through the Jesus Calling devotional and have been loving it.  I saw that Sarah Young had one for kids and couldn't wait to get it.  We're going to add that into our Bible Time.  I've been wanting Parenting with Love and Logic by Cline for some time.  And, when I told Sweetie about "Cleaning House:  A Mom's 12-Month Experiment to Rid Her Home of Youth Entitlement" by Kay Wills Wyma, he told me to buy it immediately and that he would give me all the time I wanted to read it.  Ha!  It's a challenge raising kids...I suppose it always has been.  I bought the top three books on Amazon.
This has been my breakfast of choice lately.  Hot apple cider and a cranberry quinoa muffin warmed with butter.  I had bought a gallon of Krueger's Apple Cider from Costco a couple of weeks ago thinking that Sweetie and the kids would enjoy it.  Well, it is the most delicious tasting apple cider (the only ingredient is apples) and none of them will drink it!  I didn't want it to go to waste, and, frankly, I wanted to free up some fridge space, so I've been having a mug every morning. 

I think I'm going to run upstairs and get some packing done.

XOXO Tiffany

"She had nothing to do until two o'clock when the library opened up again.  The library was a little old shabby place."  A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith (our new book club book...I'm in love.)

No comments:

Post a Comment