Friday, December 21, 2012

Got the tree done...

 My tree sat for almost 3 weeks with nothing but lights on it.  I had this idea this year that I wanted to tie little knots of tulle (white, cream, gold) onto the lights.  But, I had zero motivation to do it.  I didn't want to sit and cut little squares of tulle and tie them on the tree.  I don't know why this project felt so overwhelming.  I needed help...I needed my mama.  So, my mom was over this week and I asked her if she could help me with my tree sometime before Christmas...she said, "well, let's just do it now!".  So, I gave her the unruly job of cutting the tulle into little squares (aren't I sweet?).  I would come and gather piles and go over and tie them to the tree.  We were done in no time and had a blast while doing it!
 That night I added the gold balls and the tree was done!  After finishing a project that has been nagging at you for so long, it is amazing how freeing it is to just get it done!  I put the last Christmas storage tub out into the garage.  The house is picked up.  Now, I just need to clean...deep clean.
BTW...I didn't get the scrapbooks done (didn't even pick up all my photos yet!) and I didn't get those bathrooms cleaned.  Today is the day!  It's not like I have been sitting around eating Christmas Bon Bon's...Sweetie and I have been putting some time and energy into a little basement surprise for the kiddies!  I'll probably share that project post-Christmas.

Have a great weekend!!!  We're meeting friends out at Henry's Woods today for some fun in the snow with hot cocoa and cookies.  Then, tonight...it's downtown for the Holidazzle.  Plus...my cousin from Ireland is in town and he's coming to spend the night...my kids can't wait!

Love!  Tiffy

"The crisp leaves of holly, mistletoe, and ivy reflected back the light, as if so many little mirrors had been scattered there; and such a mighty blaze went roaring up the chimney, as that dull petrifaction of a hearth had never known in Scrooge's time, or Marley's, or for many and many a winter season gone."  A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment