Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas...Love, The Millers

 Merry Christmas!!!
 Our Christmas Day is always spent at home...just the 5 of us.  We relax.  We enjoy some new items.  And, this Christmas, Sweetie and I took a nap.  Oh my goodness...I think the last couple of days (weeks?) of shopping, wrapping, cooking, baking, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, entertaining...caught up with me.
 Last night we went to the Christmas Eve (candlelight) Service at our church.  I love that service.  This is only the 3rd year that we have attended it, but now, I can't miss it.  When we came home, we let the kids open one (of their 3) presents, and then went to bed.  This morning...stockings (socks, underwear, chapstick/lip gloss, a book, dvd's, chocolate orange, mints, hair binders/headbands...).  We chose to only do 3 gifts for the kids this year.  It made me be more thoughtful about what each gift was.  It was less of a 'buy buy buy', and more of a 'what 3 things should I get for the kids'?  After already deciding that this would be the way we would go this year, I saw this on Pinterest:
Something they want
Something they need
Something to wear
Something to read
I may do that next year, although, I pretty much did it this year, but the "something to reads" ended up in their stockings.  And, really, there were two "something they wants". 
 My mom makes my brother and I her homemade Coffee Cakes every year.  We got almond...my brother usually gets Poppyseed.  I think I would like one of each next year.  Mom?
Delicious.  MJ and I had ours with egg nog.  It was nice to not have to think about "what to make for breakfast" after a busy couple of days.  Thank you mom!

I am planning on 3 more posts before the end of the year.
1.  I'm going to wrap up 2012
2.  I'm going to list all the books I read in 2012
3.  2013 New Years Resolutions

I hope you all have a simply wonderful Christmas!!!

Love!  Tiffany

"After tea, they had some music".  A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment