Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sewing Wednesday...another infinity scarf

 I've had this fabric for a long time...Zebra Organza (more volume than a chiffon).  I don't even remember where I got it...probably at SR Harris since it is still on the roll.  I've been wondering for years what to do with it...well, I decided to make another infinity scarf.  This one is for my mama for Christmas! (oh, I made myself one too)
 I cut the fabric 60" long.
 Then I folded that section in half and cut it on the fold at about 29".  So, I ended up with a 29 x 60" rectangle.
 I folded it the long way (right sides together...photo doesn't show that...whoops).
 Serged it along the edge into a tube.  Don't forget to remove the pin!  You could always just stitch it on your regular old sewing machine.
 Press the seam.  Then, with right sides together, take the two open holes (at each end) and start pinning them together as far as you can go.  Stitch or serge.  You will end up with an opening about 3" wide.
 Hand stitch that opening closed and press.
Hopefully my mom doesn't peek at my blog before Christmas!

The other two that I made, I didn't do an enclosed tube.  I cut the 29 x 60 in half the long way and ended up with approx 15 x 60" strip.  Then I just stitched the two short ends together and finished both sides of the edging by serging and folding twice and stitching.  It's a little less voluminous, but still a cute little scarf.  I think I will sell some of these at the...

CRAFT FAIR that I just signed up for!!!  2013 is the year that I can do a couple of craft fairs.  It was nice to have a break, but I can't wait to get back out there!

I'm hoping to make some of those rice/corn hot bags.  I'll keep you posted.

XOXO Tiffany

"Dear God", she prayed, "let me be something every minute of every hour of my life".  A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith (I really loved this book and don't know if I'll ever stop quoting it...)  

No comments:

Post a Comment