Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sewing Wednesday...some new stockings

 For the last 11 (?) years, I have used the 99 cent red stockings with the white fur from Walgreens.  I have been meaning to make stockings for the past 11 (?) years.  This was my year!!!  Last Friday I was going through my Christmas tubs and decided to take some time to make the stockings.  I have gotten my Christmas decorations down to 3 (!) tubs.  That doesn't include 2 tubs of outdoor lights and garland.  Plus 2 trees that go on our porch.  But, I was very happy to only have to bring in 3 storage tubs.
 I sketched out a pattern.
 Cut out the fabric and played around with some embellishments.
Decided on a very simple look.  I was pretty excited about the new stockings...what I didn't expect was for the kids to REALLY miss their little red stockings.  I had no idea that they had gotten so attached to them.  Hopefully they will come to love their little cow stockings just as much!

My list is made!  I am hoping to get a crazy amount of stuff done tomorrow.  While I'd like to sew all day, I will spend the day preparing for Christmas.  Can't wait!

XOXO Tiffany

"She put that nugget of knowledge away with all the others that she was continually collecting". 

"She learned to decode paper patterns and to run a sewing machine.  In time she hoped to be able to make her own clothes".

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment